Ultra Mobile - STAY AWAY - THEY ARE SCAMMERS

3 of 7 Ultra Mobile reviews

STAY AWAY - THEY ARE SCAMMERS. RELEASE YOUR CARD INFORMATION TO THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK! I'M A VICTIM. INSTEAD OF CHARGING $19 A MONTH LIKE THEY CLAIM, I GOT A BILL FROM POWERSPORT SUPERSTORE ($178), REDBOX DVDRESERVATION ($1.63) AND ETSY.COM($178) IMMEDIATELY AFTER RELEASING THIS INFORMATION TO THEM.

I SWITCHED FROM PTEL BECAUSE THEY ARE WINDING UP THEIR OPERATIONS, SO THEY SENT OUT SMS TO SWITCH ULTRA AND SOME OTHER RECOMMENDED NETWORKS. THEY PROMISED WE WOULD GET $10 DISCOUNT WHEN WE SWITCH.

I DID SWITCH AND CALLED TO CLAIM THE DISCOUNT, AND ALAS THE OTHER GUY ON THE PHONE WITH ASIAN ACCENT RETORTED: " WHO TOLD YOU WE'RE GIVING OUT $10?" I WENT BALLISTIC ON HIM, I WAS SO PEEVED THAT I WAS YELLING AT THE TOP OF MY VOICE.

SO I CALLED AGAIN TO GET THE NECESSARY INFORMATION FOR PORTING TO OTHER NETWORK. WEEKS LATER I RECEIVED A CALL AGAIN WITH A PROMISE TO FULFILL THE DISCOUNT, I GAVE ALL MY CARD INFORMATION AGAIN, AND IMMEDIATELY I WAS BILLED AS ATTACHED.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3 of 7 Ultra Mobile reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 22 #1148522

100% right. I got a call to receive $5 applied to my $19 a month plan 2 days after retrieving my user ID and password from Ultra to port to other network. Here's the thing: the scammer has all my information, including the last 4 digits of my credit card, but he needs me to provide the first 12 digits, zip code and the 3 digits cvv code on the back of my card.
I played along and I gave the wrong last 4 digits and he knew right away! If I hadn't read this complaint I would've fell victim to this scam.
It's sorta like a parting gift to customers trying to port to other networks. Horrible network.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.